Wednesday, April 7, 2010

thoughts so far

The project is going well. I have been expanding the areas I'm photographing because I limited myself too much in the proposal. Guidelines are a good starting point but since this is a project I plan on continuing long term I am beginning to photograph in other areas including Greenville, McKinney and Allen. I haven't talked to anyone to confirm if the commercial properties I'm photographing are closed for economic reasons, but my bet is yes, they are. So far I haven't felt the buildings need to be composed exactly the same in each photograph, because in some cases the distance and angle of the buildings tell more about the place. I have been looking to Kirk Crippens for inspiration for a lot of my work- especially for the neighborhood project I am continuing. I am putting up photos of the buildings and some new neighborhood photographs, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment